Thursday, April 17, 2008

David Villa wants to play for Arsenal


Valencia striker David Villa has expressed his desire to play in England, and for Arsenal in particular.

Villa has netted 63 times in just three seasons for Los Che, making him one
of the most feared forwards in world football.

Despite being chased by a host of other clubs, he has said that he would rather play for Arsène Wenger.

He said: "I watch the Premier League a lot and the team I'm most attracted to is definitely Arsenal.

"Their brilliant one and two-touch football and the whole style of rapid counter-attack which dominates the top level of the Premier League now is the one which suits my game best of all.

"I think I'm made to succeed in England but of course it's one thing saying it and quite another getting there and then doing it.

"The Valencia president (Agustin Morera) always told me he wouldn't sell me until summer 2008. If an offer comes in I'm hungry to test myself in England."